Stawell Golf Club

A beautiful 18 hole golf course, set in country side gum trees with a natural creek running through the centre of the course, although not always with water.

The picturesque course has fully watered tees, fairways and greens.

Our club rooms overlook a number of the holes, including a practice putting green conveniently located just outside the clubs lounge rooms.

​Players from the city do not know the real pleasures of relaxing golf until they have played here in the fresh country air, with open fairways, birds singing and even the cows will come over to the fence to have their say.

Fully licensed bar open each competition day - premises can also be hired for functions.

Stawell Golf Club Views
Stawell Golf Club 2

Our Committee

President - Stephen Johnston
Secretary - Graeme Trickey
Captain - Michale Kelly
House - Ben Martin

Our Club History

  • 1898 - Stawell Golf Club was established. The First golf links was opened on June 1,1898 at Dawson’s Paddock.
  • 1927 Stawell Golf Club moved to present site off Marnoo Rd. The Clubhouse from Grange Farm was moved to the new site. The course had 18 sand scrapes.
  • 1960 – Town water connected to the club property.
  • 1966- current clubhouse built and liquor license obtained.
  • 1968 - Stawell Golf Bowling Club formed and first bowling green opened.
  • 1974- all sand scrapes were replaced with greens.
  • 1977 – Second Bowling Green added.
  • 1988- Recycled effluent water supplied to the course. This has ensured a year round first class golf course and bowls venue with watered fairways and greens (For golf and bowls)
  • 1995 – first discussions re. an amalgamation with Grange Golf Club. New Club to be named Stawell Grange Golf Club.
  • 2000- Manager’s residence constructed.
  • 2001 Clubhouse and kitchen upgraded.
  • 2005-11 Implementation of the Business Plan overcame financial problems.
  • 2011 Flood grant received and concrete crossings of creek constructed.
  • 2012 Synthetic green constructed.
  • Sheds for storage of golf carts and bowls equipment have been built.
  • 2018 Shade veranda grant received.